|Responsibilities||The DIRECTOR OF FOOD SERVICES is responsible for overseeing the operations, and running the shift of an assigned work group within the kitchen. The Director of Food Services also has contributory financial responsibility for food costs, labor cost and kitchen supplies, inventory and concessions for the kitchen and areas of programming that provide food services.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures proper staffing levels by recruiting, interviewing and hiring talented kitchen staff members following Company guidelines
- Manages assigned staff, including scheduling, performance feedback, discipline, and terminations.
- Is responsible for ongoing training and professional development of staff members
- Effectively communicates to management to ensure effective and efficient operations without issue.
- Effectively builds trust with staff members and fellow management by providing clear and honest communication and feedback.
- Is responsible for achieving or exceeding the written restaurant budgets for the work unit (i.e., food cost, food efficiencies, labor cost and direct kitchen expenses).
- Assists in maintaining current kitchen schedules, staffing templates, staff files, ordering and production targets, etc.
- Oversees, leads, mentors and supervises summer interns and staff. Sets scheduling, job descriptions, feedback, reviews and discipline as well