Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #728This Position Has Expired
|Camp Cedarbrook in the Adirondacks
*Some locations are mapped to nearby cities, not exact addresses
|Location||Corinth, New York (USA)
|Submitted||April 10, 2017
• Must have experience in food service
• Must have ServSafe certification or training in similar field
• Must be 19 years and older
• Must have experience in managing large inventory and budget
• Must have experience in supervising multiple personnel
• Must be able to work well with others
• Must know the New York State Health Department Regulations and ACA requirements
1. Oversee the inventory and ordering of food, equipment, and supplies and arrange for the routine maintenance, sanitation, and upkeep of the camp kitchen, its equipment, and facilities.
a) Maintain inventory of food and household supplies.
b) Order food and kitchen supplies consistent with menus and enrollment counts, staying within the budget.
c) Maintain high standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety and supervise staff to ensure standards are met by all.
d) Clean and maintain all food-service areas, including kitchen, dining hall, storage, kitchen recycling.
e) Inspect equipment and ensure equipment is repaired as necessary.
f) Promote practices that seek to reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle as much as possible.
2. Manage the daily operations of the camp food and dining service.
a) Oversee of nutritionally balanced camp meals, snacks, and pack-out food from the planned menu.
b) Ensure the service of camp meals through directing the work of other kitchen staff.
c) Ensure safe and efficient preparation and serving of camp meals.
d) Comply with all NYSDOH codes and ACA regulations and supervise staff to ensure compliance.
e) Prepare foods that taste good and offer a pleasing presentation.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
• Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds including unloading food, supplies, and equipment as needed.
• Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards of the site and facilities and camper and staff behavior.
• Physical ability to operate kitchen equipment according to safe, recommended methods.
• Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing/walking for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
• Ability to provide first aid and to assist campers and staff in an emergency.
• Determine cleanliness of dishes, food surfaces, and kitchen area.
• Ability to assess condition of food.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet with team leader on routine operations and personnel management of the kitchen
• Maintain attitude of spiritual leadership, respect, and cooperation within the kitchen staff and volunteers
• Participate in all team and all-staff meetings and in-service training sessions
• Participate in formal and informal performance appraisal given by your team leader
|Pay||$300-$500 a week plus room and board for contract period (summer)
|Timeline||June 11-Aug 9
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||A Christian business
|Contact Address||59 Davignon Road|
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job