Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #740This Position Has Expired
|The Kirkley Hotel and Conference Center
*Some locations are mapped to nearby cities, not exact addresses
|Location||Lynchburg, Virginia (USA)
|Updated||June 05, 2017
|Title||Executive Sous Chef
|Responsibilities||The Kirkley Hotel, Great Room Restaurant, and Great Room Catering is seeking a young, creative, culinary professional to join our team.
Located just minutes from Liberty University, the world’s largest Christian university, the Kirkley is an affordable-luxury boutique hotel with a restaurant, on-site catering facilities, and an off-site catering business. Our property is food-centric and features regional and farm to table cuisine. Central Virginia is rich in grass fed meats, artisanal cheeses and dairy products, farm fresh vegetables, fruit orchards, craft beers, wineries, and cider houses.
The Greater Lynchburg area is a wonderful place to live, work, worship, and play. We work very closely with Liberty University—providing a place to stay for intensive students, hosting meetings/events, and catering various departmental functions—to accommodate their Champions for Christ. With a variety of ministry and mission opportunities to participate in, there are endless ways to make the Lynchburg community feel like home.
Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts from schools like CIA or Johnson and Wales, but with limited experience. No prior management experience is required. You will co-manage the entire food and beverage operation with a young CIA grad, and report to the hotel General Manager - also a CIA grad. This is a 'foodie' enterprise.
We are working to grow our food and beverage business in 3 directions: restaurant, on-site catering, and off-site catering. We have beautiful amenities including hydroponic gardening right in our restaurant, a wonderful kitchen to sustain all our growth, and a supportive team to work alongside.
Join us, get your managerial break, and earn great money doing it.
• Responsible for overall kitchen operations and front-of-house operations, including purchasing, preparation, and sanitation.
• Prepare production lists concerning food cost controls.
• Assist with building and maintaining in-house menu specifications.
• Maintain appropriate menu and banquet file.
• Recommend hiring, separation and issuance of disciplinary action as required.
• Oversee all cooking operations of all hotel related functions on a.m. or p.m. shifts
• Establish methods of preparation for cooking and portioning standards.
• Ensure that all food preparation is economical and technically correct.
• Bear responsibility for final food product served and oversee preparation of foods.
• Bear responsibility for physical working conditions including kitchen tools and equipment.
Responsible for hygiene, safety and sanitary conditions for entire back-of-the-house in accordance with state and local health department authorities.
• Coordinate inter-departmental correspondence and communications with regard to food department, including catering, sales, purchasing, room service, engineering/maintenance, human resources, and security.
• Supervise requisitioning of food to prevent stockpiling and loss due to spoilage and manage efficient use of leftovers
• Actively supervise buffets, buffet presentation and showpieces.
• Keep abreast of the culinary market, is involved in professional organizations and in education of culinary externs & apprentices.
Please send all resumes, cover letters, and inquiries to email@example.com.
|Accepting||Christian and Non-Christian Applicants
|This business is||Not Christian managed, but accepting Christian applicants
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job