Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #748
|Hume Lake Christian Camps
*Some locations are mapped to nearby cities, not exact addresses
|Location||Hume, California (USA)
|Submitted||June 07, 2017
|Responsibilities||The Hume Lake Sous Chef is second to the Executive Chef in the Food service Department, is responsible to assist in menu planning and staff training. He or she maintains a clean kitchen according to health regulations. He or she must be prepared to meet the spiritual needs of guests and staff.
• Develop and maintain a strategic perspective--based on organizational needs
• Build healthy relationships with all people who work in and for food service
• Ability to project a friendly attitude; to meet the needs of all food service customers
• Manage full time employees within the kitchens
• Manage Joshua students and weekend workers on weekends during the year.
• Manage a team of summer staff during the summer
• Must be prepared to meet the spiritual needs of guests and staff.
• Evidenced commitment to the Christian faith and a desire to share the knowledge of Jesus Christ with others.
• Must be able to agree with our statement of belief and abide by our code of conduct.
• Must have a culinary degree with experience.
• Must have working knowledge of cooking terminology and ingredients, knowledge of basic supervisory practices, qualities of foods, beverages and supplies. Can determine degree of doneness in cooked foods and able to use equipment pertaining to job.
• Must be able to live in available Hume Lake housing or provide private accommodations.
• In the absence of the Executive Chef oversees kitchen
• Oversees breakfast shift
• Is hands on in all aspects of food preparation, serving and internal workings of the ponderosa kitchen
• Provides high quality of food for guests and staff in a timely manner. Maintains a clean kitchen and dining hall according to health regulations.
• Supervises and assists cooks, pantry, bakery, dish room and wait staff in service, counts, preparation, and safety; assuring accuracy
• Be aware of products being used, cost of ingredients, waste and prep numbers
• Encourages garnishing and other visual enhancements
• Assures a timely serving of all meals
• Responsible for proper closing procedures
• Supervises the training of food service employees in all aspects of their jobs. This includes training them to train their summer and/or week-end help.
• Assigns kitchen duties to personal
• Handles departmental conflicts and remedial action appropriately and reports conflict to supervision.
• Reports maintenance needs to supervision
• Is prepared to meet the spiritual needs of guests and staff
• Exemplifies Godliness, integrity, self-control and temperance
• Comes to work on time and is not absent from work excessively
• Reports to work dressed according to dress code while insuring that the staff does the same. He or she sets the example
• Performs other duties as requested by the supervisors
• Provides avenues of encouragement, camaraderie, and deepening relationships with staff
• Must be prepared to meet the spiritual needs of guests and staff
• Perform other related duties and assignments as required. Hume maintains the right to reassign or change duties as needed.
• The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to live in extreme weather conditions
• Must be able to live at high altitude
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of the job.
|Pay||Starting at $27,000 per year DOE + housing and medical benefits
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||A Christian business
|Other Details||64144 Hume Lake Rd
|Contact Address||64144 Hume Lake Rd|
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job