Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #759
|Union Gospel Mission of Salem
*Some locations are mapped to nearby cities, not exact addresses
|Location||Salem, Oregon (USA)
|Submitted||August 02, 2017
|Title||Food Services Manager--Men's Mission
|Responsibilities||Union Gospel Mission of Salem
MM Food Service Manager
POSITION TITLE: Food Service Manager
MINISTRY DEPARTMENT: Men’s Mission (400)
REPORTS TO: Director of Men’s Ministries
LOCATION: Men’s Mission, 345 Commercial St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
STATUS: Full Time
Responsible for the overall all aspects of food service at the Men’s Mission, including assisting with acquisition and logistical support of other Mission facilities related to food service as requested.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Menu planning which insures three (3) healthy meals a day.
2. Acquisition of donated and purchased food and other food service supplies under the supervision and with the approval of the Director of Men’s Ministries.
3. Establishes work scheduled for all staff, volunteer and/or program food service workers.
4. Provides training, oversight and performance evaluations for all staff, volunteer and/or program food service workers.
5. Maintain a positive, encouraging Christian work atmosphere by demonstrating and training staff in appropriate Customer Service C.A.R.E. standards.
A. Committed – performs job with integrity – respects and honors others
B. Attentive – models honesty and courtesy to all. Good listener.
C. Responsive – Takes responsibility for quality results. Serves effectively.
D. Excellent – Seeks to improve performance while providing excellent service.
6. Insures appropriate Food Handler certifications are obtained.
7. Maintains accurate records for purchase and donated items, meals counts and other statistical information requested by the Director of Men’s Ministries.
8. Insures compliance with all federal, county, and city health department standards in regards to food service area. Maintains records of inspections and reports all findings to Director of Men’s Ministries.
9. Liaison with OSP wildlife authorities for receiving ‘fresh’ meat/fish products.
10. Responsible for organization, cleanliness and operation of food service warehouse and meat cutting areas.
11. Liaison with all food donors in the community. Prepares and coordinates food donor pick up time schedules.
12. Reports all food service equipment and/or maintenance issues to the Director of Men’s Ministries daily.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Excellent management, instructing, administrative and organizational skills required.
2. Ability to work in a multi-task environment.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Valid Oregon driver’s license and ability to drive Mission vehicle.
5. Must agree with Union Gospel Mission of Salem’s Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct.
Education: High School Diploma or GED; Accredited Culinary School or Restaurant Management Degree Preferred: Must have current Serve Safe Management Certificate.
Experience: Minimum 5 years restaurant or institutional food service management.
|Pay||$40,000 (Negotiable) and Benefits
|Timeline||Full-Time with Benefits
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||A Christian business
|Contact||Michael A Kerrigone
|Contact Address||345 Commercial Street NE,|
Salem, Oregon 97305
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job