Christian Chefs International Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
Yield = 2 Gallons
Clarified butter = 12 oz. (340g)
Onions, 1/4" (.65cm) dice = 20 oz. (570g)
Shallots, sliced = 1 cup (240ml)
Domestic mushrooms, sliced = 2.5 lb. (1.12kg)
Wild mushroom stems, chopped = As needed
Flour, all purpose = 16 oz. (450g)
Water = 1.5 Gal (5.7L)
Heavy cream = 1.5 qt. (1.4L)
Salt and black Pepper = To taste
1. Sweat onions and shallots in butter until translucent.
2. Add mushrooms and stems and sweat until tender.
3. Add flour and cook for 8 minutes.
4. Add water and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Puree and strain through chinoise.
6. Return to kettle, add heavy cream, and bring back to simmer.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Sweat garnish in whole butter and add to soup right before serving.
If you have a good recipe to share, or have a question about any of the techniques or ingredients mentioned in this one please feel free to post it at our Facebook Page.