Christian Chefs International Charleston, SC She-Crab Soup
2 Tbsp./30 gm - Butter
1 Tbsp./7 gm - Flour
1qt./1L - Milk
2 cups/454 gm - White Crab Meat with Roe
5 drops - Onion Juice
1/4 tsp/1 gm - Pepper
1/4 tsp/1 gm - Mace
1/2 tsp/2 gm - Salt
1/2 cup/113 gm - Heavy Cream, whipped
4-5 Tbsp/57 gm - Dry Sherry
Grated rind of one lemon
1) In the top of a double boiler, melt butter and blend with flour until smooth.
2) While stirring constantly, add the milk slowly.
3) Add the crab meat and roe plus all the seasonings except the Sherry.
4) Cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
5) Serve in warm cups with one teaspoon Sherry, and a topping of whipped cream.
Submitted by Kathryn Ousley
If you have a good recipe to share, or have a question about any of the techniques or ingredients mentioned in this one please feel free to post it at our Facebook Page.