1c (237ml) flour
1/2t (2.5ml) salt
1/4c (59ml) Marsala Olive Fruit Oil (mild)
1t (5ml) vanilla
1/4t (1.25ml) almond extract
3/4c (177ml) walnuts, ground
2-4T (30-60ml) orange juice
1/2c (118ml) confectioners sugar
3-4 drops fiori di Sicilia (or 1 tsp. orange extract)
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, orange juice and flavorings.
2. In another mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, salt and nuts.
3. Stir in oil mixture; mix well. Add remaining orange juice if needed.
4. Press 1 heaping teaspoon of dough into 2-inch (5cm) long finger-shaped rolls.
5. Squeeze each roll in palm and fingers of one hand to obtain irregular shape.
6. Place one inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 350'F (177'C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
If you have a good recipe to share, or have a question about any of the techniques or ingredients mentioned in this one please feel free to post it at our Facebook Page.