Author: Ira Krizo
Yield: About 100
I looked through many different classical recipes to make this recipe for my wedding a couple of weeks ago. I was told numerous times by people that these are the best truffles they've ever eaten. And they're easy to make, too.
2 lb 13 oz (1.3kg) Semi-Sweet Chocolate
5 Tbsp (75ml) Milk
1 lb (450g) Butter, diced
3/4 cup (180ml) Coffee
10 Egg Yolks
1 cup (240ml) Cream
Your choice of Coating Ingredient(s)
1) Melt the chocolate with the milk only until smooth in a bain marie. Cooking any longer will burn the chocolate.
2) Add the butter and mix well.
3) Add the coffee.
4) Slowly add the egg yolks and mix well.
5) Add the cream. Stir well.
6) Place in a bowl and let cool overnight in the refrigerator.
7) Scoop the chocolate mixture into walnut size pieces and round them off by hand. Place back in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
8) To finish, coat the balls with your choice of ingredients. The above picture has half of the truffles dipped in chocolate to form a hard shell and the other half rolled in cocoa powder.
If you have a good recipe to share, or have a question about any of the techniques or ingredients mentioned in this one please feel free to post it at our Facebook Page.
Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. -1 Cor 10:31 ESV