Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #839
|Windermere Baptist Conference Center
|Location||Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri (USA)
|Submitted||May 10, 2018
|Title||Director of Food Service
Windermere Baptist Conference Center
Position: Food Services Director
Principle Function: To maintain and coordinate all efforts of the Food Service Department for Windermere.
Supervisor: President and CEO of Windermere
Hard working, Christian coordinator with a flair for good food, creative presentation, and heartwarming hospitality. This person will be the second most visible person in the life of the conference center. The person’s ability to lead and supervise will be very important.
Supervision – This responsibility includes the supervision of all meal preparations – recipes, cooking, presentation and taste. This person will supervise food service workers, volunteers and summer staff.
Cooking – There are times when the food service director will be responsible to do the actual cooking. Especially in times with low registration and during off season times.
Guest Groups – This responsibility includes coordinating food for any special events with special needs, meals, and banquets (i.e., Advisory Board, Youth Groups).
Accounting – Plan and account for Food service budget (i.e., food, workers, equipment).
Volunteers – Coordinates volunteer workers assisting in the food service area. This includes a pleasant attitude toward services rendered and direction for future use.
Records – Be responsible in maintaining records that relate to food service operations: recipes, equipment warranties, personnel items.
Other: This job demands attention to details:
1. Recipes should be perfected; photo copies, and filed for use in each preparation. Assume nothing…always make sure the employees know what they are making and how it should taste.
2. Every detail from what forks to use to what sauce or topping is needed should be checked before preparation time and immediately before service.
3. Special events such as Board of Trustees, Advisory Board meetings, 4th of July, and other special program/conferences need particular attention. Themes will usually be carried throughout the food area. The person will be responsible for coordinating this with the leaders of these areas. Creativity, presentation, and taste are a must for this job. Clean up for these events will be the responsibility of this area as far as the food items and serving entails. New ideas and foods are welcomed on trial basis. The input of guests will usually determine recipes or foods that remain on line.
1. Carry out assigned work with a positive service orientation within the context of Windermere Conference Center mission, policies and goals.
2. Collect information regarding needs/wants of guests; use this information in planning and evaluation.
3. Screen, recommend, employ, orient, train, supervise, evaluate and reward employees.
4. Develop and communicate performance standards by which the work of employees will be evaluated.
5. Organize assigned work efficiently; match the paid employees to the projected revenue budget and monitor progress; build, maintain and document standard procedures for getting work done.
6. Prepare for approval and administer an approved budget.
7. Evaluate food services regularly in light of key result areas.
8. Other duties as assigned by the President of Windermere.
|Pay||30,000 + Health Insurance + Free Housing
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||A Christian business
|Contact Address||PO Box 458|
Roach, Missouri 65787
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job