Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #841
|Location||Union Grove, Wisconsin (USA)
|Updated||August 13, 2018
|Title||Food Service Manager & Commercial Kitchen Lead
• Responsible for producing healthy and quality food, following best practices in food safety and sanitation, supervising and instructing students classical culinary techniques, and managing food service staff.
• In conjunction with the Culinary Arts Director develops long-term business strategies related to the budget, menus, shopping list, and culinary curriculum; incorporates food prepared by Culinary Arts students into menus and food service line.
• Monitors food preparation methods, portion sizes, presentation of food, special diets in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
• Meets the special dietary needs of students and visitors, providing meals through food service and assisting residential life staff to meet dietary needs of students; demonstrates basic understanding of how to meet veggie, vegan, gluten free, etc. dietary needs.
• Monitors budgets and reviews financial transactions in order to ensure that expenditures are authorized, PO’s are completed, and properly applied to budget.
• Order, schedule, and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents in order to verify quality and quantity; maintains professional and working relationships with food purveyors.
• Creates and reviews menus and analyzes recipes in order to provide healthy, cost-efficient meals.
• Schedules staffing hours and student FE hours in conjunction with Culinary Arts Director.
• Maintains food and equipment inventories, and keeps inventory records
• In collaboration with the Culinary Arts Director, order and purchase equipment and supplies.
• Monitor compliance with health department, State of Wisconsin regulations and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving and building maintenance in kitchen and food service areas.
• Plans, prices, and oversees all catering-related events in conjunction with the Culinary Arts Director; Preview Day Breakfast, Board Meetings, Opening Weekend, etc.
• Revises and establishes a sign-up for staff lunches.
• Cleaning, harvesting, and serving food items and fish produced through Horticulture department.
• Works in conjunction with departments across the campus to support the sustainable food movement.
• Maintains food service sanitation and storage in accordance with all State and Local ordinances and trains students to do likewise; first-in-first out, labeling, etc.
• Responsible for kitchen cleanliness, dish support, sweeping, mopping, and monthly cleaning maintenance.
• Works with Culinary Department to provide support to the Shepherds Community Café; works monthly shift in café.
• Establishes a culture of customer service and continuous improvement.
• Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends for special events.
• Born again Christian committed to a local Bible believing church with a lifestyle that is in agreement with the Shepherds College Mission Statement
• Bachelor’s degree in a culinary arts-related field (preferred) or an Associate’s degree in a culinary arts-related field (minimum requirement)
• At least 1-2 years of experience related to culinary arts, food preparation, etc.
• Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities
• Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Customer service oriented
• Possess a high level of professionalism, including the ability to maintain confidentiality
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||A Christian business
|Other Details||Shepherds College exists to educate and train students with intellectual and developmental disabilities by equipping them to reach Appropriate Independence™ through the development of vocational, social, and life skills while inspiring a lasting awareness of God’s plan for their lives.
|Contact Address||1805 15th Avenue|
Union Grove, WI 53182
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job