Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #856This Position Has Expired
|Maggie's On The Prom
|Location||Seaside, Oregon (USA)
|Submitted||August 20, 2018
|Title||Executive Chef for Oceanfront Fine Dining
We are seeking a candidate who strives to be an innovator and a leader amongst his/her peers in the field. The Executive Chef will guide and develop a highly talented team in preparation of the finest food quality while maintaining a positive work environment.
• Directly responsible for all kitchen operations including food and pastry production.
• Develop innovative menus, food purchasing, plate presentation and recipes.
• Supervises all staff and is responsible for their training in food production, sanitation and development.
• Assist the restaurant owners with food and labor budget development and attainment for the department.
• Responsible for establishing effective cost controls, including monthly inventories, purchase logs as well as maintaining the highest food quality and sanitation standards.
• Ensures that all food is prepared and presented in accordance with the highest presentation, productivity and cost control standards
• Oversees the hiring, ongoing training and scheduling of staff to ensure the highest levels of employee morale and guest satisfaction,
• Maintains ordering, requisition and receiving standards, conducts inventories of product, maintains par levels and manages proper rotation of food product, maintains temp and equipment maintenance logs.
• Monitors daily cleanliness of the kitchen and service area; monitors effectiveness and productivity of the operation.
• Maintains the highest levels of food handling, sanitary and safety standards
• Delivers and promotes prompt, courteous and friendly service to all members, guests and employees.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
• A minimum of 3 years as an Executive Chef at a property of similar caliber.
• Extensive culinary skills.
• Experience in fine dining restaurant and banquet operations.
• A demonstrated ability to create fresh and exciting menus with a flair for incorporating the best ingredients the region has to offer.
• A full understanding of P&L accountability including competitive sourcing of product, costing of menus, and payroll acumen.
• Demonstrated compliance with the highest safety and sanitation standards.
• Must provide professional references
• Ability to communicate effectively with managers, guests and employees in one-on-one and small group situations in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to motivate, develop and manage a team.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be able to perform math computations essential for budgeting and cost analysis purposes.
• Extensive knowledge of fine dining meal preparation.
Maggie’s On The Prom is located in Seaside, Oregon – a resort town on Oregon’s North Coast. While Seaside is famed for its tourist activities and carnival-esque cuisine, Maggie’s stands out amongst the competition by serving fine dining fare in one of only two oceanfront restaurants in Seaside. Our ambiance and food offerings make us the go-to spot for flavorful, vibrant, beautiful food. We are looking for a chef who can match and elevate our food with their creativity and innovation in food development including new, pleasing flavor profiles, perceived value and artistic presentation.
Though the food is extremely important, the management required for this position is equally important. You must be a concise, thorough and diplomatic communicator. You must be willing to make and adhere to standards and procedures regarding food production, product quality and inventory, and safety.
Becoming an integral part of our business, means that you are not just an employee. Your dedication to success of the business is vital, and your willingness to integrate into our work family is essential.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please contact us immediately with your résumé and letter of interest. Pay is dependent on experience and will be discussed at interview ONLY.
|Timeline||Full Time, Year-Round
|Accepting||Christian and Non-Christian Applicants
|This business is||Christian owned-managed
|Other Details||Maggie's is located inside of the 16 room boutique hotel - Seaside Oceanfront Inn. The restaurant dining room and kitchen were fully remodeled in 2016. Maggie's has been in business for over 10 years, and we strive to be one of the very best restaurants on Oregon's North Coast.
|Contact Address||580 Beach Dr|
Seaside, OR 971378
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job