Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #860This Position Has Expired
|Peninsula Rescue Mission
|Location||Newport News, Virginia (USA)
|Submitted||September 15, 2018
* The Kitchen Manager will oversee all kitchen operations of the Peninsula Rescue Mission while working diligently to show the love of Christ to our residents through food service.
Kitchen Manager Duties
* Develop menu, always being flexible and using as much donated food as possible
* Maintain quality of meals
* Propose annual kitchen budget
* Monitor costs against annual budget
* Handle ordering of food and cleaning supplies for kitchen and main building
* Develop cleaning and preventive maintenance schedules for all kitchen crew in order to meet Virginia State Health Inspection requirements
* Train kitchen crew in relevant kitchen practices (food handling, food prep, presentation, food storage, cleaning and sanitation, etc.)
* Train kitchen crew to interact professionally and graciously with volunteer groups
Kitchen Manager Hours
* Full time - 40-45 hours per week; extra hours as needed; health insurance provided
* Shifts will be a mix of morning (breakfast and lunch) and evening (lunch and supper) and some weekends
* Shifts will overlap with PRM cooks to brief them on daily details as well as train them when applicable
Kitchen Manager Compensation
• $40,000 - $50,000 (Based on experience and salary history)
Requirement for employment:
The Peninsula Rescue Mission is a privately funded 501(c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious. We are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel while meeting the physical needs of those we serve from a distinctly Christian perspective. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Mission Statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. Further all employees must:
• Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in the spiritual activities of Peninsula Rescue Mission including leading/participating in prayer, devotions, bible studies, etc.;
• Be an active member in good standing of a church of like-faith and be known as a person of Godly character among the leadership and membership of that church.
• Subscribe to Peninsula Rescue Mission Doctrinal Statement.
• Adhere to the Peninsula Rescue Mission Employee Handbook.
|Pay||$40,000 - $50,000 annually plus benefits
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||A Christian business
|Other Details||The heart of the Peninsula Rescue Mission (PRM) is to meet physical needs in order to open doors to sharing what every person needs most - a relationship with Jesus Christ. We do this through our men's homeless shelter ministry, through our children's summer camp, and all the other ministries of PRM.
Specifically, we want our meals to be excellent, our service gracious, and our kitchen immaculate as these are ways that we show we care about the men we serve. We want our residents to see Christ in every plate of food.
Our current kitchen manager is having to relocate his family to another state to help care for aging parents. We are now in the process of discovering the next person that the Lord will lead to join our ministry team here in Newport News, VA.
|Contact||Fill out application at www.PRM.info; scan and email application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact Address||3700 Huntington Ave.|
Newport News, VA 23607
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job