Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #862
|Union Gospel Mission
|Location||Spokane, Washington (USA)
|Submitted||September 25, 2018
• Provide training and supervision of personnel in the kitchen, including; guests, residents and volunteers
• Supervise the preparing, cooking, serving and oversight of cleaning for assigned meal periods under the direction of the Kitchen Manager
• Ensure operations are in alignment with UGM’s philosophy and mission statement
• Assist the Kitchen Manager by fulling assigned tasks
• Maintain all SRHD food safety, OSHA workplace safety standards while maintaining a safe and secure environment
• Minimum of two years’ experience as a cook with demonstrated preparation and production skills
• Proven ability to be innovative and work with a variable menu
• Strong sense of calling to minister to individuals while utilizing culinary skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Available to work nights, weekends and potentially Holidays as needed
• Basic computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Three years’ cooking experience
• Culinary degree or recognized culinary certification
• Experience working with homeless individuals or individuals in recovery and/or personal experience with recovery (successfully worked through personal issues)
• Leadership experience within an active ministry
|Pay||• Hiring Range - $14.86-$17.85 hourly, depending on experience • Medical, dental and retirement
|Title||Chef de Cusine
• Provide supervision of all kitchen and dining room personnel, including guests, residents and volunteers, while building strong interpersonal relationships.
• Manage menu creation, preparation and production of multiple meal periods, along with banquet events and special meals as needed.
• Coach, recognize, delegate, counsel and communicate with team members as necessary to meet ministry objectives and ensure quality, consistency and safety.
• Ensure food preparation, quantity, inventories, portion control, menu planning, and recipe
development are in alignment with UGM’s Culinary Department goals.
• Provide continuous training and development to the culinary and associated team: guests, residents and volunteers.
• Meet or exceed financial goals while achieving consistently high food quality and customer satisfaction objectives.
• Work with vendors to ensure quality and appropriate cost of all ingredients.
• Ensure special dietary and/or allergy needs are met.
• Ensure team members, guests, residents and volunteers are scheduled appropriately.
• Work closely with leaders and team members and encourage good teamwork.
• Collaborate and execute production needs of associated facilities.
• Assist with culinary school teaching modules.
• Actively seek ways to ensure donor dollars are being used appropriately and seek volunteer team to help ensure stability of the kitchen and dining hall.
• Ensure operations are in alignment with UGM’s and Culinary Department’s philosophy and mission statements.
• Maintain a safe, secure and clean environment compliant with all UGM, local, state and
federal food and occupational safety standards (such as SRHD and Panhandle Health food safety standards and OSHA workplace safety standards).
• Assist the Director of Culinary Operations by fulfilling any additional assigned tasks.
• 3 years of demonstrated culinary leadership experience.
• Strong sense of calling to minister to others while utilizing culinary skills.
• Proven ability to be innovative and work with variable menu creation and execution.
• Experience in effectively building, developing and leading culinary teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Available to work periodic weekends (scheduling will accommodate regular church attendance).
• Available to work special events, holidays and at various UGM locations as needed.
• Able to stand, be mobile and perform repetitive tasks for up to 4 consecutive hours.
• Must be able to lift equipment/food up to 50 pounds.
• Basic computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
• 5 years of demonstrated culinary leadership experience.
• Culinary degree or recognized culinary certification.
• Previous experience managing and operating multiple units.
• High-level hotel, resort, higher education, or multi-outlet restaurant experience.
• Experience working with people who are homeless or in recovery and/or personal experience with recovery (must have successfully worked through personal issues).
• Leadership experience within an active ministry.
• ServSafe Certification.
|Pay||Compensation/Benefits • Hiring Range: Salary based on experience and qualifications. • Medical,
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||Christian owned, managed & has mostly Christian staff
|Other Details||The Union Gospel Mission is a comprehensive ministry with four shelters, three recovery programs, two thrift stores, an automotive enterprise and a summer camp for underprivileged youth. The UGM Culinary Operations Department creates healthy and innovative meals while providing work experience for our residents in six different kitchens throughout the ministry. A successful applicant will utilize culinary skills while getting to know UGM residents, volunteers, partners and our Christ- centered approach to ending homelessness.
|Contact Address||1224 E Trent|
Spokane, WA 99202
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job