Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #870
|Kellogg Springs Camp & Conference Center
|Location||Oakland, Oregon (USA)
|Updated||March 10, 2020
|Title||Assistant Kitchen Director
|Responsibilities||Job Title: Assistant Kitchen Director
Reports to: Kitchen Director
Classification: Seasonal Summer Hourly Employee
Kellogg Springs Camp is a Christian campground and is owned and operated by the Oregon Pacific District Church of the Nazarene. The Assistant Kitchen Director (Assistant Cook) will assist the Kitchen Director (Head Cook) in the food service operation of Kellogg Springs camp and will assist in the meal preparation for our groups. The Assistant Kitchen Director will work alongside the Kitchen Director and Summer Staff during meal preparations.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Have experience in food service preparation.
• Be passionate about camp ministry and serving groups through providing quality meals.
• Have a valid Oregon Food Handlers Card and knowledge of the Oregon Health Authority Food Safety Laws.
• Have good people skills and the ability to communicate, and work well with others.
• Have knowledge of food allergies and how to provide food for guests with food allergies.
• Be able to lift heavy food items.
• Be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Use food service to enhance the overall mission of Kellogg Springs Camp.
• Uphold all food safety regulations, health codes and food allergy preparations.
• Assist the Kitchen Director in food preparation, cooking and clean up.
• Assist the Kitchen Director in maintaining a clean and professional Kitchen appearance.
• Perform the duties of the Kitchen Director in their absence.
• Be willing to live in a camp setting and willing to work long hours in the summer.
• Other duties as assigned.
We are a Christian campground that is available for any group to rent for various events. We have several schools that come for Outdoor School and local businesses for retreats and team building.
The job is to help the Kitchen Director provide meals when we have groups, which is usually 1-2 weekends a month during the school year, but sometimes we do have groups during the week. During the summer [mid-June-late August] the job is 6-7 days a week, with about 8-12 hours a day, with several breaks during the day. We do provide a private room within our staff housing for this position to stay in while working.
The job is for May-October. During May, September & October, it is part-time. During June, July and August it is full-time. Compensation is approximately $5,000-$6,000.
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.kelloggsprings.com
|Pay||$5,000-$6,000 a year
|Timeline||Part time & Full time
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||A Christian business
|Contact Address||1111 Kellogg Camp Lane Oakland, OR 97462|
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job