Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #940This Position Has Expired
|Location||Speculator, New York (USA)
|Submitted||August 06, 2019
• To be part of the team producing high-quality buffet meals in the Purdy Center during the conference season and to oversee all aspects of the Hill Kitchen during the summer season.
• Reports directly to Food Service Director/Executive Chef. During the year, may be assigned as supervisor of seasonal personnel as needed.
• Prepare assigned portions of each meal as assigned by the Food Service Director/Executive Chef, working as a part of the team of chefs and assistants in the kitchen. Will be in a leadership role.
• Train and supervise temporary personnel as assigned by the Food Service Director/Executive Chef.
• Participate in the maintenance and cleaning of the kitchens.
• Will oversee total operation of the Hill Kitchen during the summer, including menu planning with the Food Service Director/Executive Chef, training of the summer staff, supervising the opening and closing of the Hill for the season.
• Position may include ordering, menu planning and food control.
• Other duties as necessary.
• Christ-follower who is committed to personal growth.
• Sign agreement with the Essential Doctrines of the Christian Faith as stated in the COTW Staff Guidelines.
• Candidate must hold a culinary degree and/or demonstrate proficiency in preparing food as required in the Purdy Kitchen and the Hill Kitchen.
• Candidate must be able to work as part of a team in a demanding job. He/she must be organized, prompt, and willing to work long hours and weekends when necessary.
• Person that is energetic, persevering, industrious and creative.
|Pay||Annual Wage range $25,000-$30,000 (Hourly/BOE), housing provided, health insurance with Health Savin
|Timeline||Full Time, Year Round
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||A Christian business
|Other Details||About the Opportunity:
· Located in the Village of Speculator, New York in the southern Adirondack Mountains, CAMP-of-the-WOODS (COTW) is a year-round Christian Family Resort and Conference Center that began in 1900.
· Each year we host over 15,000 guests in our Summer Season and Conference Season.
· In the last 14 years over $20 million has been reinvested in the buildings on our property of nearly 100-acres.
· With a rich tradition of service and excellence, we strive to fulfill our mission: to present the Biblical truths of Jesus Christ, develop Christian leaders, strengthen the faith of individuals and families, and promote global evangelism.
· Quality of life opportunity:
o Five-day work schedule
o Meals served at standard times of 8:00am, 12:00pm and 5:30pm. This allows being home most evenings by 7:00pm.
o The Summer Season of 10-12 weeks requires an earnest work effort while the Conference Season affords a more moderate schedule.
|Contact Address||106 Downey Avenue|
PO Box 250
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job