Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #996
|Shepherds Community Cafe
|Location||Union Grove, Wisconsin (USA)
|Submitted||May 20, 2020
|Responsibilities||SUMMARY: The Café Manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of the Community Café, manages the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, oversight of all point-of-sales, and provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a total quality experience for customers and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting tools.
- Ensures proper team member coverage and scheduling
- Ensures that team members are educated on products and services as well as blends/roasts
- Completes inventory of supplies and orders as needed following ordering protocol
- Performs POS duties, front and back of house functions, procedures, coordinating with the controller as necessary.
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits, and safety procedures.
- Maintains clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying, and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies, and customer incidents.
- Ensures that drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality
- Ensures that food offerings maintain the highest quality
- Supervises and trains staff and volunteers.
- Works closely with staff members and volunteers to ensure program success
- Transports food products
- Transports students to/from field experience placements
- Serves as a role model for outstanding service and initiative at the café
- Pro-actively solves customers concerns
- Ensures that team members and volunteers demonstrate Shepherds College character traits
- Works effectively with team members
- Maintains positive and supportive relationships with students and staff
- Treats each student with respect and dignity
- Communicates in a courteous and professional manner
- Actively participates in trainings and meetings as assigned
- Consistently demonstrates Christ-likeness in their actions and words
Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience working in a coffee house setting
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred
- Bachelor degree is preferred
- Manager Serve Safe certification
- Professional experience working in the culinary field is preferred
- Willingness to incorporate teaching methods and procedures of Director of Culinary Arts
- Effective communicator, including verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess a high-level of professionalism, including the ability to maintain confidentiality
Must give satisfactory evidence of having experienced the New Birth through Jesus Christ. Must give satisfactory evidence of having been obedient to the Lord in believer's baptism. Must willingly and without mental reservation subscribe to a high standard of personal separation from worldliness and to Jesus Christ as Lord. Shall be a member in good standing of a Bible-believing church of like faith and practice. Must accept the Articles of Faith last adopted by Shepherds Board of Directors without mental reservation. Is expected to attend the regularly stated local church services as work schedule will allow.
Shall have a physical exam, including chest x-ray or T.B. test which certifies freedom from communicable disease within 90 days before beginning employment. A medical report must be completed by the attending physician and filed with Shepherds prior to beginning employment. This exam and certification must be completed annually.
Shall have had a Hepatitis B vaccination within 5 years before beginning employment or be tested for Hepatitis B Surface Antigens within 90 days before beginning employment. A medical report must be completed by the attending physician and filed with Shepherds prior to beginning employment. Testing must be completed annually for all staff who have not received the Hepatitis B vaccination or after 5 years following Hepatitis B vaccination.
Shall have an understanding of, liking for, and respect for individuals with intellectual disabilities; a personality suitable for work with individuals with intellectual disabilities; and a capacity to perform the kinds of work required in this ministry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||A Christian business
|Contact Address||1805 - 15TH AVENUE|
Union Grove, WI 53182
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job